In a course area, you can include information about the textbooks used in your course. The textbook information is also included in the course catalog where prospective students can access this information prior to enrollment. You access the course catalog on the Blackboard login page or on the Courses tab after logging in.
Your institution controls whether this tool is available.
Watch a Tutorial
Double-click the video to enlarge the viewing area.
How to Assign a Textbook
- Change Edit Mode to ON and access a content area or folder.
- On the action bar, point to Partner Content and click Search for Textbook.
- On the Search for Textbook page, select a search category from the drop-down list: ISBN, Title, Author, or Subject.
- Type Keywords, such as an author's name or title.
- To further narrow the search, select the Type of book: Digital, Print, or All. You can also select a Currency.
- Click Go when you have provided all necessary information.
- From the list of search results, click Select to assign a textbook to your course.
- On the Create Textbook page, select Required or Recommended for the textbook.
- Optionally, provide a Description.
- Select the Options:
- Click Yes for Permit Users to View this Content so that students can see it.
- Click Yes for Track Number of Views to record the number of times the item is viewed, when it is viewed, and by whom.
- Select Date and Time Restrictions to display the textbook on a specific date and time and to stop displaying it on a specific date and time.
- Click Submit to add the textbook information as a content item to the course area.
If your search does not return the result you want, point to Partner Content on the action bar and click Manual Entry Textbook. You can provide the information needed.