Use the date management tool to easily adjust all content and tool dates in your course. Accessed on the Control Panel in the Course Tools section, you can choose to adjust dates automatically or individually from one convenient location.
The first step of date management is to decide if you want the system to automatically adjust the previous or current course item dates to new dates.
- Select Use Course Start Date or Adjust by Number of Days to adjust the date accordingly.
- You can also review all dates and adjust them later on the Date Management Review page.
Watch a Tutorial
Double-click the video to enlarge the viewing area.
Use Course Start Date
Use this option when adjusting for new terms.
Adjust dates according to the course start date. The Current Start Date displays the date that the course is currently set to start. Change the new start date to reflect when this new course is going to start. All dates in the course adjust by the number of days each date occurs after the start date.
Example: The original course started September 1 with an assignment due September 26—twenty-five days after the start date. If you adjust the new start date to January 12, the assignment is now due February 6—twenty-five days after the new start date.
Adjust by Number of Days
Use this option when you know exactly how many days you want to adjust dates by.
Type the number of days you want to adjust all dates in the course by. This is based on the dates that are currently set for each item in the course, not today's date.
Example: On June 1, you adjust dates by 30 days. The assignment that was set to be due September 1 is now due October 1.
Negative numbers move the dates back. Positive numbers move the dates forward.
List All Dates for Review
Use this when you want to review dates before adjusting them.
Select this option to display a list of all content and tools with dates in the course on the Date Management Review page. Use this option to review all of the dates and analyze them for adjustment.
Date Management Review Page
This page displays all content and tools with dates set in the course. Review all dates and adjust accordingly.
- Return to the first page and choose to adjust dates automatically. The first page also shows an inline receipt indicating when date management was last run.
- Refresh the current page to account for any changes that were made to the course since date management was last run.
- Filter your review by item type, such as assignment or test.
- Filter your review by date type, such as due date.
- Select one, multiple, or all items in the list to batch adjust dates. Adjusting dates allows users to indicate by how many days the selected item dates should be moved by. A negative number moves the dates back.
- Click to sort the list by item name.
- Review and adjust the due date for item. Click to sort the list by due date.
- Review when items are made available. Click to sort the list by item availability start and end dates.
- Review the adaptive release dates for items. Click to sort the list by adaptive release start and end dates.
- Navigate between pages. By default, the page shows 25 items.
- Click the date or edit icon to edit any of the dates for an item.
Items Supported by Date Management
All items with dates are supported by date management, including:
- Content, such as items, files, and audio.
- Assessments, such as tests, surveys, and assignments.
- Tools, such as discussions, blogs, journals, and announcements.
- Manual grade columns.
Course and organization tasks.
The task due dates are moved during the bulk move process, and they do appear in the review and edit dates screen. Date management does NOT support editing of due dates for tasks from the review and edit dates screen.
Publisher content is shown on the Date Management Review page. You cannot adjust the dates of publisher content with date management.
Blackboard Collaborate Sessions
Blackboard Collaborate sessions start and end dates are not supported by date management.