The Self and Peer Assessment process begins by creating a new assessment. Tests are created in a content areas within your course.
Specify Assessment Date Ranges
Three date ranges are necessary to the successful creation and deployment of an assessment:
- Display After/Until: The date range when the assessment is available to students.
- Submission Start/End: The date range when students can submit answers to an assessment.
- Evaluation Start/End: The date range when students can submit evaluations of their peers' work on the assessment as well as their own, if self evaluations are enabled.
How to Create a New Self and Peer Assessment
- In a content area, point to Assessments and click Self and Peer Assessment.
- On the Create Self and Peer Assessment page, type a name and instructions.
- Optionally, use the Insert File function in the content editor to add files.
- Set the Submission Start Date and Submission End Date.
- Set the Start Date and End Date for the peer evaluations.
- To Allow Anonymous Evaluations, click Yes.
- To Allow Self Evaluations, click Yes.
- Click Yes for Show Evaluation Results to Submitter to allow submitters to view their own evaluation results.
- For Number of Submissions to Evaluate, define how many tests each student is expected to evaluate.
The number does not include the creator of the assessment. If self evaluations are the only kind you want, type (0).
- Make the assessment available and optionally, track number of views.
- Select the Display After and Display Until check boxes to enable the date and time selections. Display restrictions do not affect availability, only when it appears.
- Click Submit.