Multiple answer questions allow students to choose more than one answer. Use this type of question when more than one answer is correct. For example, in the medical field, use this type of question to select symptoms associated with a medical condition.
- Access a test, survey, or pool. To learn more, see Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
- On the action bar, point to Create Question and click Multiple Answer.
- Type the Question Text.
- The default number of answers is 4. If you want to increase this, select the Number of Answers from the drop-down list. To reduce the number of answers, click Remove next to the answer boxes to delete them. A multiple answer question cannot have fewer than 2 answers or more than 100.
- Complete the Answer box for each answer.
- Select the correct answers by clicking the Correct check box for each answer.
- Optionally, type feedback for correct and incorrect answers.
- Click Submit and Create Another -OR- Submit to add the question to the test.
Which of the following are viable methods for traveling from London to Paris?
You can specify partial or negative credit for Multiple Answer questions. Partial credit rewards students whose answer demonstrates incomplete mastery of the material. Use negative credit to discourage guessing.
You must enable the options to specify partial or negative credit on the Question Settings page to use them for individual questions. The option to allow negative scores will not appear unless you selected the option to allow partial credit.
Related Tutorials Creating a Multiple Answer Question (Flash movie | 3m 35s)