Multiple choice questions allow students several choices with only one correct answer.
Use Multiple Answer Questions to create multiple choice questions with more than one answer.
- Access a test, survey, or pool. To learn more, see Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
- On the action bar, point to Create Question and click Multiple Choice.
- On the Create/Edit Multiple Choice Question page, type the question.
- The default number of choices is 4. If you want to increase this, select the Number of Answers from the drop-down list. To reduce the number of answers, click Remove next to the answer boxes to delete them. A multiple choice question cannot have fewer than 2 answers or more than 100 answers.
- Type an Answer in each box.
- Select the Correct answer by clicking the appropriate option. Only one correct answer is selected.
- Optionally, type feedback for correct and incorrect answers. If you allowed partial credit, answers that are partially correct will receive the feedback for an incorrect answer.
- Click Submit and Create Another -OR- Submit to add the question to the test.
You can specify partial or negative credit for Multiple Choice questions. Partial credit rewards students whose answer demonstrates incomplete mastery of the material. Use negative credit to discourage guessing.
You must enable the options to specify partial or negative credit on the Question Settings page to use them for individual questions. The option to allow negative scores will not appear unless you selected the option to allow partial credit.
Creating a Multiple Choice Question (Flash movie | 2m 54s)