You can import test banks and question pools made available by your textbook publisher. Check your specific publisher's website for instructions on how to export and save the questions in a format that is compatible with importing to Blackboard Learn.
You can also export tests, surveys, and pools as ZIP files that you or other instructors can import to other courses. This is an effective way to share them and to save them for later use.
- On the Control Panel, expand the Course Tools section and select Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
- On the Tests, Surveys, and Pools page, select the item you want to import, such as Pools.
- Select Import.
- On the Import page, locate the file on your computer or in the course's storage repository: Course Files or the Content Collection.
- Select Submit.
- Access the contextual menu for a test, survey, or pool and click Export.
- Click OK in the pop-up window to save the file.
If your institution has access to the content management features, two export options will appear in the contextual menu. To save the file to your computer, choose Export to Local Computer. To save the file in the Content Collection, choose Export to Content Collection.
Only test, survey, and pool packages exported from Blackboard Learn may be imported.
If they are in the proper format, you can import tests and surveys created by others at other institutions or created with older versions of Blackboard Learn.
To learn about formatting the questions types in tests, surveys, and pools, see Upload Questions.
Exporting and Importing a Test (Flash video | 2m 12s)
Uploading Test Questions From Microsoft Excel (Flash video | 3m 25s)