You can create an extra credit column in the Grade Center that is included in the total computation and has a maximum score of 0. Then, you can assign extra credit points as needed.
Example: Columns in Grade Center
Be sure to set the total column as the external grade column.
- On the action bar, click Create Column.
- On the Create Grade Column page, provide the appropriate information.
- For Primary Display, select Score from the drop-down list.
- For Secondary Display, select Percentage from the drop-down list.
- For Points Possible, type 0.
- Click Yes for Include this Column in Grade Center Calculations.
- Click Submit.
The extra credit column appears in the Grade Center. After adding points in an extra credit column, it is possible for a student's total points to equal more than 100 percent. If a student receives full credit for all gradable items (100 points) and also receives 6 extra credit points, his or her total is 106 out or 100 or 106%.