This article is archived and is no longer updated. Go to the latest information on following other users.
Find and View User Profiles
You can find and interact with anyone with a user profile. If prompted, you must accept the terms of service and provide an email address before viewing profiles for the first time.
- From your course
- Find out who is also enrolled in your course by visiting your course roster and class contributions to blogs, journals, discussions, and wikis.
- From the People page in My Blackboard
- From the Spaces page in My Blackboard
Previews of profiles are available when you place your mouse pointer over a user’s avatar.
- If the profile feature has not been updated, the preview includes your name, avatar, what you are studying, and a portion of your description.
- If the profile feature has been updated, the preview includes your name, avatar, institution name, graduation date, and top eight tiles.
Click View Profile to see the full profile and interact with the owner. You can click the flag icon to report inappropriate content in the profile.
You cannot view the profiles of users who have set their profiles to hidden or private, if you are not enrolled in the same course or organization they are.
Follow Other Users
If your institution makes the updated profiles feature available, you can follow, block, or message users from their profile cards. If you select the Follow button on users' profiles, their posts and comments from their profiles are aggregated on your Posts page in My Blackboard. The People page in My Blackboard provides access to requests to follow you, who is currently following you, and who you are following.
If a profile preview displays only a user's name, avatar, nickname, about me information, and academic discipline, your institution does not have the updated profiles feature.