Your instructor controls which tools are available. If this tool is not available, your instructor or your institution has disabled it.
A mashup combines elements from two or more sources. When you view a YouTube™ video in a Blackboard Learn course as part of the course content, you are experiencing a mashup. Mashups also include Flickr® photos and SlideShare presentations.
Mashups are used in a variety of ways within a course: as a standalone piece of content, as part of a test question, as a topic in a discussion board, or as part of an assignment. For example, you can include a clip of your favorite movie in a journal entry.
Mashups appear in the following ways:
- Embed: The mashup appears directly on the page.
- Thumbnail: A small picture of the mashup appears on the page with controls to launch it.
- Text Link with Player: A link to the mashup appears on the page. Click the link to launch the mashup.
Students add mashups using the content editor.
Blackboard Learn supports file types available on the following websites:
- Flickr: View and share photos and images.
- SlideShare: View and share slide presentations and documents.
- YouTube: View and share online videos.
Your institution can enable other types of mashups.
- Navigate to an assignment, journal, or other piece of content, for example, Lesson 1: Ocean Exploration.
- On the Upload Assignment page, click Mashups in the third row of content editor functions.
- Select Flickr Photo, SlideShare Presentation, or YouTube Video.
- In the Search window, type the content name in the Search box and click Go.
- On the Search Results page, click Preview to examine the items or click Select to include the appropriate item.
- On the Create Mashup Item page, you can change the Name of the item. This is a required field.
- Set the Mashup Options.
- Click Submit.
- On the Upload Assignment page, click Submit.
If the mashup does not appear or displays an error after initially appearing, the URL may have changed or the item may have been deleted from Flickr, SlideShare, or YouTube.