Launch Date: March 21, 2013
Requirements: Service Pack (SP) 10 and later
An update of the Blackboard Social Learning Cloud Services resolves several issues for Blackboard Learn 9.1 Service Pack 10 (9.1.100401.0) and 9.1 Service Pack 11 (9.1.110082.0) with Cloud Profiles on, outlined below.
The resolved issues will appear on the following platforms that have Cloud Profiles or Social Profiles and Tools enabled:
People tool "My Learning Network" shows the following error for a small number of clients on the "My Learning Network" filter of the People tool: Profile could not be loaded. Try again later."
- Turning off Facebook and Twitter integration does not remove integration capabilities from the Edit My Blackboard Profile area.
- Profiles with privacy settings of "My Institution" are not visible under the "My Institution" filter of the People tool for a merged profile.
- Translation problems in verification email and Primary Email Address dialog
- Space Manager is unable to approve join requests for private profiles from other institution.
- People, Spaces, Messages and Profiles intermittently disappearing from My Blackboard for load-balanced Learn instances. Software Updates 2.2.9 (limited hotfix) is required to resolve this issue.
- Software Updates auto-update fails on Learn Windows OS, leaving the Software Updates building block in a corrupt state. This has been resolved in Learn 9.1 Service Pack 12, and the fix is targeted for upcoming cumulative patches for 9.1 Service Pack 10 (9.1.100401.0) and 9.1 Service Pack 11 (9.1.110082.0).
- Cloud Management and Software Updates modules on System Admin tab are displaying Access Denied for administrators without the System Administrator role: this issue will be resolved in Learn 9.1 SP12. The following privileges will be required to see the modules:
- Software Updates module: Administrator Panel (Building Blocks) > Building Blocks > Installed Tools
- Cloud Management module: Modify Social Cloud Settings
To Learn More
To learn more about the Social Learning Tools Building Block, see Social Learning Tools Building Block.