Launch Date: September 24, 2013
Requirements: Service Pack (SP) 10 and later
The update requires the following platforms, including the stated minimum Cumulative Patch (CP):
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 10 (Build: 9.1.100401.0), CP 13
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 11 (Build: 9.1.110082.0), CP 12
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 12 (Build: 9.1.120113.0), CP 4
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 13 (Build: 9.1.130093.0), CP 1
This version is a minor maintenance release to resolve several issues.
- Upgrade Play framework to 2.1.4
- Learn features with profile card hang when Cloud Profiles is enabled and there are connectivity issues with AWS.
- When saving your cloud profile the response header is returned via http, despite the request URL being https
- "Inappropriate" is spelled incorrectly in the "Report a Profile"
- Blank page displayed when merging profiles during the initial Administration launch into xpLor
Important Notes for Administrators
Building Block Installation
The Building Blocks were released through Software Updates on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1PM US Eastern (GMT -4). A new version of Software Updates, Cloud Profiles, and Social Profiles and Tools will appear as Building Block updates in the Software Updates module within 24 hours. If needed, the Building Blocks may also be downloaded.
Steps from System Admin tab – Navigate to:
- Software Updates module > Building Block Updates Available > Software Updates > New Update Available > Install
- Cloud-based tools will temporarily turn off while the Software Updates Building Block is being installed.
- The Cloud Management and Software Updates modules will temporarily disappear and then display an error on the Cloud Management module. Waiting 5 minutes and refreshing the System Admin tab should return the modules to a normal state.
- Software Updates module > Building Block Updates Available > Cloud Profiles > New Update Available > Install
- Software Updates module > Building Block Updates Available > Social Profiles and Tools > New Update Available > Install
- Check that all three Building Blocks are set to available in System Admin > Building Blocks > Installed Tools.
- Check that the Cloud Connection is successful in the Cloud Connector page.
Connecting to the Cloud
Bidirectional communication to the Cloud Services is required. If you are running Blackboard from behind a firewall as a test server or for security reasons, you will need to open the firewall to use these features. To open bidirectional communication to Cloud Services, you must configure your firewall to allow responses from https://nat.cloud.bb, and allow requests to the following:
- https://ui.cloud.bb Port 443