The separate collaboration server is optional because one of the application servers can be used as the collaboration server.
Complete the following steps to configure a separate collaboration server.
- Install an additional application server on a machine that is not configured as part of the load-balanced server environment. This application server must have a hostname separate from the multiple Web/app configuration host name. Finally, the collaboration server should be resolvable in the DNS so that it is accessible from the Internet.
- For each application server, set the following property in the bb-config.properties file to prevent the collaboration server from running on the local host.
To learn more, see bb-config.properties File.
- Run the following command:
To learn more, see PushConfigUpdates.
- Start the bb-tomcat service on each application server. Do not start the bb-Collaboration service. The bb-Collaboration service must always be stopped on the application servers that are not acting as the collaboration server.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 for all application servers.
- Stop the bb-tomcat service on the collaboration server.