Enterprise surveys provide a way to collect feedback from specified groups of people. Survey recipients can be selected based on their role in the system, their enrollment in courses, or their membership in the institutional hierarchy if your school licenses community engagement. Survey recipients can also be selected by uploading a list of email addresses.
Enterprise surveys are delivered at the system level. They do not replace course surveys that are available to instructors in their courses.
Giving users access to enterprise surveys is a two-step process. First, they must be granted the system role of Survey Author. Second, the enterprise surveys tool must be placed in the tool panel on the My Institution tab because survey authors do not have access to the system admin panel.
Survey authors have access only to the surveys that they create.
- They are the owners of their surveys and have all the associated privileges.
- Survey authors do not have privileges for other surveys in the system unless added by another survey author.
Survey authors added to a single survey have all privileges to that survey. Survey authors must work together to ensure that changes made by one author do not overwrite changes made by another author.
Create a Survey Administrator Role
As a best practice to help organize and administer enterprise surveys across an institution, your Blackboard system administrator can create a custom system role of Survey Administrator. The Survey Administrator would have access to all the surveys in the system and can:
- Create, edit, copy, send, and delete surveys.
- Export survey submission data.
- Add a new survey owner which grants the owner all privileges to that survey.
How to Create a Custom Role of Survey Administrator
- Login to Blackboard as the system administrator and click the System Admin tab.
- Click System Roles from the Users panel.
Locate the Survey Author role and select Copy from the contextual menu.
- Type a new Role Name and Role ID. Edit the description.
- Click Submit.
- From the Manage Privileges page, type "enterprise survey" into the Search box and click Go.
- Select Administrator Panel (Tools and Utilities) > Enterprise Surveys (Access to all Surveys in the system) from the search results and select Permit Privileges.
- Click OK.
You will be returned to the System Roles page where the new role will appear. When you create a new user, this role will be available in the list of System Roles.
For more information on system roles see Managing System Roles.