Copying a Curriculum Map
Existing Curriculum Maps can be copied from the Curriculum Maps list page. A Curriculum Map that is copied is automatically named using the original map’s name supplemented with a number in parenthesis, for example Map Name (1). The first copy has (1) added to the end of the name, the second copy has a (2), and so on. A copy of a copy automatically is named using the copied map’s name supplemented with a second number in parenthesis, for example Map Name (1)(1), and so on. Curriculum Map names may be changed by modifying the properties of the map.
To copy a Curriculum Map, access the contextual menu, and select Copy.
Modifying a Curriculum Map
The properties of a Curriculum Map can be modified. To modify the properties of a Curriculum Map, access the contextual menu, and select Edit Properties.
Curriculum Map properties appear in the 360º View Report and include:
- Name: This is a required field and must be filled out.
- Description: The description appears on the Curriculum Map list page and can help other users identify a specific map.
- Public: Curriculum Maps that are public are available to all users in the system. Maps that are not public only appear to users who are members of the Program that owns the map.
- Term: Click a Term to select it and associate it to the Curriculum Map. Multiple Terms may be selected by holding down SHIFT or CTRL while clicking. Terms are added by clicking Template Builder and then Terms on the Administrator Panel. Terms added to the system automatically populate the text box.
- Status: Select the status of a Curriculum Map from the drop-down list. Selections include Draft, Inactive, Active, and Complete.
- Point of Contact: Add a name or other information such as an email address so users may contact the author or owner of the Curriculum Map.
The Grid that makes up the Curriculum Map can be modified. To modify the Grid of the Curriculum Map, access the contextual menu, and select Edit Curriculum Map. Columns and rows may be added or removed from the grid. The order of columns and rows may be changed using the drop-down numerical list.
The Levels of Support information located at the intersection of each row and column may be added, removed, or modified. Comments pertaining to the levels of support can be added, removed, or edited using the text box. All information entered here appears on the 360º View Report for that Curriculum Map.