The notification system alerts you when events occur in your courses, such as when items need grading, new content and tests are made available, and when you have unread discussions and blogs. Notifications are generated automatically whenever their associated events occur.
Your institution determines if notifications are enabled and the settings that users are allowed to control.
Notifications are delivered in the following ways:
- My Blackboard - the Updates page displays notifications for all of your courses and the Posts page displays unread discussions, blogs, journals, and wikis.
- Email messages - you can select this option if your institution enables this feature.
- Mobile phone text or voice messages - you can select this option if your institution enables this feature.
- Home Page modules - within a course, Home Page modules display notifications for that course only.
- Blackboard Mobile Learn push notifications - if your institution enables Blackboard Mobile Learn, you can opt to have push notifications pop up on your device's screen.
- Notifications Dashboard - if your institution licenses Community Engagement, the Notifications Dashboard appears on the My Institution tab as an additional way to see notifications for all courses.