The Performance Dashboard is a valuable tool you can use to monitor student progress throughout your course. A summary of access and progress for each student appears in a table format. As the term progresses, you can quickly see if students are accessing your course regularly, reviewing course content, and contributing to the discussion board. This information can help you identify students who are outside the normal range of participation or who need help and encouragement. To learn more, see Using the Performance Dashboard.
Your school controls whether the Performance Dashboard is available. If this tool is not available, you can contact your school to discuss its status. Your school can also disable the discussion board tool, which will affect the information appearing in the Performance Dashboard.
How to View Discussion Board Statistics
- On the Control Panel, expand the Evaluation section.
- Select Performance Dashboard.
- On the Performance Dashboard page, you can view how many forums a user posted in. In the Discussion Board column, click a numbered link to view details.
- On the Discussion Board page, you can view the following information:
To sort a column, click the column heading or caret.
- Forum: Lists all the forums a user has posted in.
- Total Posts: Click the link to access a page displaying a user's posts in that forum.
- Date of Last Post: View when a user last accessed the forum.
- Average Post Length: Lists the average post length, in number of characters.
- Minimum Post Length: Lists the minimum post length, in number of characters.
- Maximum Post Length: Lists the maximum post length, in number of characters.
- Average Post Position: View a representation of a user's participation within the threads.
- Grade: Click the link in the column to access the Grade Center column (if a grade appears).
- On the action bar, click Email User to contact a user. The system populates the Email Forum User page with the To and From information.
- In the Forum column, click a forum title to access a collection page displaying all a user's posts in that forum.