You can create metadata values for questions to help organize them for future use. The metadata values you create for one question can be used when you create other questions in the same course. On the Find Questions page, use these metadata values to help search for questions to reuse. To learn more, see Reusing Questions.
You can add the following metadata values to questions:
- Levels of Difficulty
The question metadata options are only available if Add categories, topics, levels of difficulty, and keywords to questions are selected in Question Settings.
Question Using Metadata
You create the following True/False question: The capital of Slovenia is Ljubljana.
You apply the following metadata to the question:
- Category: Geography
- Topic: Former Yugoslavia
- Levels of Difficulty: Low
- Keywords: World Capitals
This question appears in the active filter on the Find Questions page when you select Geography, Former Yugoslavia, or Low. To learn more, see Reusing Questions.
- On the Control Panel, expand the Course Tools section.
- Select Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
- Create a new test, survey, or pool -OR- select Edit from the contextual menu for an existing test, survey, or pool.
- On the action bar, point to Create Question to access the drop-down list and create a new question -OR- select Edit next to an existing question.
- The Categories and Keywords section appears in different places depending on the type of question, but always just before Instructor Notes. To add a category, topic, level of difficulty, or keyword, click Add.
If the Categories and Keywords section does not appear on the Create/Edit pages for a question, this usually means you did not select the check box for Add categories, topics, levels of difficulty, and keywords to questions in Question Settings for the assessment.
- Type a new category, topic, level of difficulty, or keyword in the field and click OK. You can also type multiple items at once, separating each with a comma.
- Click Choose from Existing to select an existing category, topic, level of difficulty, or keyword. If there are no existing choices, this option will not appear.
- Click Submit.
- Access a question's contextual menu.
- Select Edit.
- To delete a category, topic, level of difficulty, or keyword, click the X next to the metadata element.
- Click Add and type a new category, topic, level of difficulty, or keyword in the field and click OK.
- Click Submit.