The first step in using Blackboard Learn is to log in to the system. Your institution will provide you with the URL, username, and password.
How to Log In to Blackboard Learn
In most cases, the URL given by your institution directs you to the gateway page for logging in. If instead, you are directed immediately to the My Institution tab, you may also log in through a button on the header frame or a special portal module.
- Navigate to the URL provided by your institution.
- Type your Username.
- Type your Password. Passwords are case sensitive.
- Click Login.
- New users see a welcome page that invites them to create a profile. Before creating a profile, you must accept the Blackboard Profiles Terms of Service in the pop-up window. If you do not agree to the terms of service, you will not be granted access to some tools. You can choose to create a profile later. To learn more, see Profiles.
- Exiting users see the My Institution tab.
Passwords enable access to personal information. To maintain security, do not share passwords with others. If you forget your password, see Forgot Your Password? If you want to change your password, see Changing Your Password, Personal Information, and Settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if I can't log in?
Please contact the computing help desk at your school. If you’re not sure how to contact them, look for the technology office on your school’s website or search the internet for your school’s name + Blackboard + help or support.
What is the gateway page?
The gateway page welcomes you and provides a login button to access Blackboard Learn. Gateway pages are customized by your school. You must have a valid username and password to log in.
If the gateway page does not appear, you may also log in through a button on the header frame or a special portal module.
Cookies must be enabled within the web browser. Enable cookies through your browser's settings or options menu.
- Login: Use this function to log in to Blackboard Learn.
- Change Text Size: Display assistance in changing the size of the text displayed in the browser.
- High Contrast Setting: Change the display to assist low vision users. You can select whether to use your operating system's high contrast settings or use Blackboard styles.
- Create a New Account: Create an account to use Blackboard Learn.
- View Course Catalog: View courses belonging to your preferred program of study.
- Preview as Guest: Preview Blackboard Learn without using a system account. You may be able to browse the catalog and preview courses as a guest, but you will not have access to the entire course.
What happens after I log in?
New users see a welcome page that invites them to create a profile. Before creating a profile, you must accept the Blackboard Profiles Terms of Service in the pop-up window. If you do not agree to the terms of service, you will not be granted access to some tools. You can choose to create a profile later. To learn more, see Profiles.
Exiting users see the My Institution tab. From this tab, you can access the courses you are enrolled in or are teaching.
How do I log out?
Click the logout button in the upper-right corner of the page.