The Calendar building block incorporated in SP12 replaces the old calendar tool. Faculty and students can view institution level, course and personal events in a single calendar view.
- When accessed from My Blackboard or the Tools menu on the My Institution tab, the calendar displays a consolidated view of all institution, course, organization, and personal calendar events for a user. Calendar events are color coded to indicate which place they belong.
- When accessed from a course, instructors and students see the course calendar from the course menu on the Tools page. Instructors can use the calendar course tool as a primary way of managing and communicating the schedule of events and assignments in the course.
- Calendar supports due dates, if set, for gradable items. Clicking on calendar items allows an instructor to view or edit the item, or grade attempts on the associated item.
- Students can use filtering options to selectively view only course level items. They can then click on an item to view item details, and if supported, create an attempt against the item.
- Administrators manage institution level calendar items from the System Admin page on the Tools panel.
- Users can create recurring events by selecting the Repeat checkbox.
For more information see Calendar.