After an evaluation is started, evaluators are notified automatically by email, and also get a notice in the My Outcomes Evaluation module from the Blackboard My Institution page.
Click the email link, or Evaluate in the My Outcomes Evaluation module,to be taken directly to the list of artifacts to be evaluated.
If the evaluator has no role within outcomes, they only see the evaluation interface, whereas if the evaluator has a role in an outcomes place—for example, a program or department—the evaluator is taken to the evaluation page in the context of the full outcomes user experience.
How to Evaluate Artifacts in an Evaluation Session
- Select the check box of student submission you want to evaluate.
- Click Evaluate. This opens the submission content.
- Review the General Information, Alignments, Sample Information, and any Related Files.
- Under Associated Rubrics, click Evaluate to evaluate the submission using the identified rubric.
- Select the Levels of Achievement for each Criteria in the rubric. The total points will be calculated for you.
- Click Save. You can choose to either Return to Listing or View Next to go through all of them.
- After all are evaluated to satisfaction, click Run Report.
Monitoring Evaluation Sessions
Evaluators only see the artifacts assigned to him or her, which makes it possible for the coordinator to more effectively compare the scores of different evaluators of the same artifact, which can be used to better understand inter-rater reliability.
The evaluation session coordinator can easily keep track of how things are going by returning to the evaluation session page and monitoring how far along the various evaluators are, optionally checking the artifact evaluations themselves, dropping or adding evaluators, closing the session, and so on.
If additional evaluators are added, or if evaluators are removed, the system will automatically redistribute the remaining (non-evaluated) artifacts.
After the evaluation is complete, the coordinator can run a report to understand the results.
If the coordinator chooses not to perform a separate outcomes evaluation on collected evidence, but instead wants to report on the rubrics scores collected from assignments in Course Delivery, this can be accomplished immediately after the evidence is collected.