Do You Have the Updates?
Access the Groups page to see which groups tool your institution has enabled.
Updated Groups Management Tool
If your Groups page looks like the following image, the information on this page applies to you. You will see three links at the top of the page for All Groups, Groups Sets, and All Users. You will also see the Import function on the action bar. The ability to see the columns for the groups tools is controlled by the View Options drop-down list, so you may not see these columns when you first access the groups tool.
Groups Tool Not Updated
If your Groups page looks like the following image, your institution has not installed the group management updates. You will not see three links at the top of the page for All Groups, Groups Sets, and All Users. For information that applies to your system, see Course Groups.
Group Management Updates
With the updates, you have the ability to:
- Easily see which students are in which groups, including which students are not in any groups.
- Easily see and modify group memberships. Avatars are now available to distinguish among users.
- Choose and manage membership for groups sets with an improved workflow.
- Import and export groups and group memberships.
- Sort columns, perform bulk actions for deleting groups, and create Grade Center smart views for one or more groups on the All Groups page.
- Optionally, manage tool availability for all groups on the All Groups page.
To learn more about the new features of the groups management tool, see Groups Management Building Block.