Any course member can edit a course wiki page and any group member can edit a group wiki page, unless you have disabled this function. You might choose to disable editing when it is time to grade the wiki pages. However, you can still edit student pages. All course members, including instructors, edit in the same way.
When a user is editing a wiki page, it is locked for a duration of 120 seconds to prevent others from editing the same page. Users are informed that another user is currently editing the page. The lock will expire in 120 seconds regardless of a user's activity/inactivity. After 120 seconds, another user can start editing the page and a new 120 seconds lock is placed on the page.
You may not edit the lock or amount of time.
How to Edit Wiki Content
You can select History from a page’s contextual menu to see how a page was modified, view any version, and compare two versions side by side.
- Access the wiki. The wiki topic page appears.
- Select the page to review and edit. The wiki page opens in the content frame.
- In the side panel, access the page’s and select Edit Properties.
Click Edit Wiki Content next to the page’s title in the content frame.
- On the Edit Wiki Page, you can make changes to the name and content of the page. Optionally, use the functions in the content editor to format existing text or include links, images, multimedia, mashups, link to other wiki pages, and attachments.
- Click Submit.
If you no longer need a wiki, you can delete it. Deleting a wiki is permanent. On the Wikis listing page, select Delete from the wiki's contextual menu.
If a wiki is gradable, the Delete Confirmation page appears. You need to perform extra steps to remove a gradable wiki.
- Change Edit Mode to ON.
- On the Wikis listing page, access a wiki's contextual menu.
- Select Delete.
- Click OK in the warning pop-up. The Delete Confirmation page appears. You have two options:
- Do not select check boxes: The wiki is deleted, but the Grade Center column and scores you have assigned are retained. For example, all student contributions are graded and you want to keep the Grade Center column for the final grade calculations. If you delete a wiki, yet retain the Grade Center column, you can delete that column from the Grade Center at any time.
- Select the check boxes: The grade column in the Grade Center and the wiki are deleted. For example, if you do not want to include the grade column for the wiki contributions in the final grade, you can safely delete all.
If you want students to access the wikis tool often, you can add a link to the course menu for one-click access to the tool. You can customize the name of the link as needed.
- Change Edit Mode to ON and point to the plus sign above the course menu. The Add Menu Item drop-down list appears.
- Select Tool Link.
- Type a Name for the link.
- From the Type drop-down list, select Wikis.
- Select the Available to Users check box.
- Click Submit.
Editing a Wiki (Flash movie | 1m 36s)
Linking Wiki Pages (Flash movie | 1m 43s)