In a course area, you can include nformation about the textbooks used in your course. When you use the publisher content tool, the textbook information is also included in the course catalog where prospective students can access this information prior to enrollment. You access the course catalog on the Blackboard login page or on the Courses tab after logging in.
Your institution controls whether this tool is available.
How to Assign a Textbook
- Change Edit Mode to ON.
- Access a content area, learning module, lesson plan, or folder.
- On the action bar, point to Publisher Content to access the drop-down list.
- Select Search for Textbook.
- On the Search for Textbook page, select a search category from the drop-down list: ISBN, Title, Author, or Subject.
- Type Keywords, such as an author's name or title.
- To further narrow the search, select the Type of book: Digital, Print, or All. You can also select a Currency.
- Click Go when you have provided all necessary information.
- From the list of search results, click Select to assign a textbook to your course.
- On the Create Textbook page, select Required or Recommended for the textbook.
- Optionally, provide a Description.
- In the Options section:
- Select Yes for Permit Users to View this Content so that students can see it.
- Select Yes for Track Number of Views to record the number of times the item is viewed, when it is viewed, and by whom.
- Select Date and Time Restrictions to display the textbook on a specific date and time and to stop displaying it on a specific date and time.
- Click Submit to add the textbook information as a content item to the course area.
If your search does not return the result you want, point to Publisher Content on the action bar and select Manual Entry Textbook from the drop-down list. You can provide the information needed.
Adding Textbook Information (Flash video | 2m 6s)