This article is archived and is no longer updated. Go to the latest information on the Course Materials Hub.
The Course Materials Hub can be accessed through the Institution Page, the Global Navigation Panel, the Tools Panel and Course Tools Panel.
- If you have entered a profile image and personal data, the information is used to personalize the entry page into the Course Materials Hub. The fields that are used to populate the module are the profile image, name, title, department and company/school name.
You must accept the terms of service, before proceeding to the Course Materials Hub.
- If these are not available, a simple welcome is provided.
- It is easy to create a materials list. Type an ISBN, title, author or a keyword into the search box and start searching for your course materials.
- After you find an item, select if the material is required or optional.
- Click Select and Continue.
- Each time you select an item, you can add it to an existing list or create a new list.
- Continue to add materials to your list.
Once you have finished adding to your list, there are a number of options that you can choose to perform.
Edit the contents of the list.
Copy the list and connect it to another course.
Archive a list to use later.
Delete a Course Materials List.
Email the list.
Export a CSV file containing all of the books and related information from your list.
Click Copy Link to create a public link to share your list. This method can be used for those who choose not to turn on the commerce feature. You can add this link within your syllabus or any area within your course to share the list of materials with students.
Print your Course Materials List.
View in Store shows you what students will see if they view the list you created.
- If you have commerce (Blackboard Store) turned on, your final step is Make a Purchase Request. Once this is submitted you cannot delete your request. This allows the Blackboard Store to get materials ready for your students to purchase. All sections must be completed to submit the request.
The CRN you entered must match a CRN that has been provided to the Blackboard Store by the institution’s SIS during onboarding. A list of matching CRNs will be displayed when you enter a CRN. If an adoption list will be used for multiple Blackboard courses, you need to only enter one of the CRNs, the Blackboard Store will establish the bundling of courses during the onboarding process.
- If you do not have the commerce function (Blackboard Store) turned on, use the Copy Link function to access the URL for the list.
- You can email this link to users or post the link to your course.
- Once your list has been submitted it will take some time to be approved by the Blackboard Store.
- The Blackboard Store will display courses in which the student is enrolled and those courses that have a course material list ready.
- If a course’s list is not yet ready, the student will see that also.