The Self and Peer Assessment process begins by creating a new assessment. Tests are created in a content areas within your course.
Use the Instructions box to provide clear instructions and other information that may be helpful in completing the assessment.
Specifying Assessment Date Ranges
Three date ranges are necessary to the successful creation and deployment of an assessment: Display After/Until, Submission Start/End and Evaluation Start/End. The following table describes these ranges.
|Display After/Until||The date range which the assessment is available to students.|
|Submission Start/End||The date range which students can submit answers to an assessment.|
|Evaluation Start/End||The date range which students can submit evaluations of their peers' work on the assessment as well as their own (if self evaluations are enabled).|
How to Create a New Self and Peer Assessment
- Access a content area and point to Assessments on the action bar to access the drop-down list.
- Select Self and Peer Assessment.
- On the Create Self and Peer Assessment page, type a Name.
- Type instructions for the assessment in the Instructions content editor.
- Optionally, use the content editor Insert File function to add files.
- Set the Submission Start Date and Submission End Date by using the date and time fields.
- Set the Start Date and End Date for the peer evaluations by using the date and time fields.
- Allow Anonymous Evaluations by selecting Yes. Click No to disallow.
- Allow Self Evaluations by selecting Yes. Click No to disallow.
- Allow submitters to view their own evaluation results by selecting Yes for Show Evaluation Results to Submitter. Click No to disallow.
- In the Number of Submissions to Evaluate field, define how many of their peers's tests each student is expected to evaluate.
The number entered in the Number of Submissions to Evaluate field does not include the creator of the assessment. Type zero (0) in this field if self evaluations are the only kind you want.
- Make the assessment available by selecting Yes. Select No to make it unavailable.
- Track the number of views by selecting Yes. Select No to disable tracking.
- Select Display After and/or Display Until to control when the content is available.
- Set the date and time restrictions for the attached content by using the date and time fields for Display After or Display Until.
- Click Submit.