You can allow your students to evaluate their peers' assessments and provide valuable feedback. This feedback can improve comprehension of the material for both the assessed peer and the student providing the evaluation.
Students can access an assessment using the same link they used to complete it and begin the evaluation. The Evaluation Overview page lists the number of submissions a student needs to evaluate (including their own), with the evaluator's own name at the top of the list.
If you enable anonymous evaluating, an evaluator does not see the name of the student when evaluating.
Tests can only be evaluated during the evaluation period designated during the assessment creation.
Do not enroll or unenroll students after the evaluation state date, because doing so can negatively affect the results already gathered.
How to Evaluate an Assessment
- In the course area, click the assessment's View/Complete Assessment link to begin the evaluation.
- On the Evaluation Overview page, click the appropriate name.
- On the Evaluation page, review the text in the Submission box. Expand the Criteria for review. Review attached files. Click Model Response to compare.
- Type the number of points for each criterion.
- Provide feedback, if requested.
- Select the Allocate Points check box.
- Click Save and Next Criteria to move to the next criteria -OR- Save and Next Question.
- Click Submit.