File Response questions require students to upload a file from their computers or from the Content Collection as the answer to the question. This type of question is graded manually, and it enables students to work on something before a test and submit it with a test, particularly if it requires a large amount of text.
Submitting the answer this way also allows you to download, review, and assess the submission later without an active internet connection, although you will still need to access the Grade Center to assign a grade.
You cannot add File Response questions to surveys.
Other question types that allow student input are:
- Access a test, survey, or pool. To learn more, see Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
- On the action bar, point to Create Question to access the drop-down list.
- Select File Response.
- Type the Question Text.
- Type the Correct Response Feedback that appears in response to a correct answer and the Incorrect Response Feedback for an incorrect answer.
- Optionally, associate a rubric by clicking Add Rubric. To learn more, see Rubrics.
- Click Submit and Create Another -OR- Submit to add the question to the test.