You can create Course Files folders and sub-folders needed to organize your files. Creating a logical filing system makes it easy to locate and link to files when creating content in your course. The folder structure in Course Files is separate from folders in a content area of your course and has no impact on the presentation of the content.
You can create folders in the top-level folder of Course Files or inside another folder.
- In Course Files, click Create Folder.
- Type a Folder Name.
- Click Submit.
The folder appears in the list. Click the folder's title to create one or more sub-folders to further organize content.
You can edit the name of any folder except the top-level course ID folder. Changing a folder's name does not break any links to content in your course.
- Access a folder's contextual menu and select Edit.
- On the Edit page, change the Folder Name.
- Click Submit. The new name appears in the list.
You can delete any folder except the top-level course ID folder. If you delete a folder, the contents of the folder are permanently deleted and the links to that content in your course are broken. You are notified that the Delete action will result in broken links. In your course, the broken links appear with an "Invalid File" statement next to them.
- Access a folder's contextual menu and select Delete. Alternatively, you can delete items by selecting their check boxes and clicking Delete on the action bar.
- A warning appears. Click OK to verify the deletion.
- On the List Files and Folders With Links page, if a folder contains files that are linked to course content, or if the folder is directly linked to course content, the system informs the user of those existing links. You can clear the check boxes for items you do not want to delete. You can also view the 360° view report.
- Click Submit.