This help topic is applicable only for moving existing course content in pre-9.1 Blackboard Learn courses to release 9.1 (and higher) Course Files folders.
You can use the Move Files to Course Files tool to move specific existing course content in pre-9.1 Blackboard Learn courses to the Blackboard Learn 9.1 (and higher) Course Files folder to take advantage of its capabilities.
You can access the Move Files tool in the Control Panel to move files on a course-by-course basis.
Using the Move Files tool to move course content to Course Files is only necessary in specific scenarios where pre-9.1 courses are copied to or reused in a 9.1 installation and the files were not moved previously by your institution.
Do not use the Move Files tool when export and import processes are used to move courses to the 9.1 installation. The import operation ensures that all file attachments in a pre-9.1 course are placed in Course Files of the new course so you can begin managing files in a central location.
When you move files from local file storage to Course Files, the resulting folder structure reflects the course menu.
If a file with the same name exists in the folder, the name of the moved file is saved with a number appended to the name. For example, Course_Assignment.doc becomes Course_Assignment(1).doc.
All content moved to Course Files is stored in a sub-folder of the /courses/MyCourseID directory. The sub-folder is named using the following format: Course ID_ImportedContent_DateTimeStamp.
Your institution must make this tool available to your course role.
- On the Control Panel, expand the Packages and Utilities section and select Move Files to Course Files.
- On the Move Files to Course Files page, in the Select Course section, select the check box to move all of the content in your course to Course Files. The Source Course ID that appears is for the course you are in.
- Click Submit.
The Move Files tool moves all files attached to course content areas to the Course Files folder. This includes files originally uploaded to your course using the Attach File options available on specific pages in the application, as well as files attached using the content editor. The following lists include the files that are moved and not moved when using the tool.
Types of Content Moved
- Content folders
- Content items
- Course links
- Web links
- Learning modules
Types of Content Not Moved
- Self and Peer Assessments
- Tests, surveys, and question pools
- Course cartridges
- Items uploaded to the Grade Assignment page by an instructor, including comments for a specific user
- Student files uploaded when participating in course activities, such as uploading an assignment document or attaching files when creating journal entries