We have made several improvements to grading and Grade Center in Service Pack 14:
- My Grades Ordering & Design Update – The page provides a new default option for the order in which grades are displayed.
- Define “Score Attempts Using” setting from the “Options” page – This is a workflow improvement to ensure that instructors know about and can easily find this setting for tools that support multiple attempts.
- Test total points adjustment – This enhancement address several related needs from instructors, all revolving around the total points possible for tests, and needing to adjust the total points possible.
- Grading Schemas greater than 100% – There is now an enhancement to allow for schema percentages to be greater than 100%.
My Grades Ordering & Design Update
Several changes were made:
- There is an Order by drop-down list that allows students to change order by course, last activity, or due date. By default items are ordered by course, which displays items in the order the instructor has arranged them in Grade Center.
- Students can narrow the listed items by selecting All, Graded, Upcoming, and Submitted. For example, selecting Graded only shows rows that have been graded by the instructor.
- The text size and row spacing have been reduced, resulting in more information being displayed on the page at once. Feedback is included right inline, so the student does not need to click on anything to view it – it just shows up on the page.
New Score Attempts Using Setting Added on Test Options and Create Assignment Pages
A Score Attempts Using drop-down list has been added to the Test Options and Create Assignment pages.
Test total points adjustment
In an earlier release, a change was made to Grade Center columns that were automatically created to show Test results. In this release we have provided a way for users to adjust the total Points Possible for a Test while maintaining the integrity of the previous change described above.