- For self-hosted installations, ensure your server hardware and software will support Service Pack 14.
- If you have made customizations to your login page, system themes, roles, course templates, or building block availability, record all of the customizations and back up customized files. See READ ME before running the updater for more information.
- Review all security measures and policies to ensure your system has the best protection and meets any new standards or security changes.
- Prepare your end users, faculty, staff, and students using the Communication & Adoption Toolkit to inform them about new features and functions.
- Review other relevant institutional practices and policies.
- If you have an Outcomes Assessment license, read Change Management and Updates to Outcomes Assessment before upgrading to Service Pack 14.
There is an impact on your assessment data in Service Pack 14. It is important to review the change management documentation and plan an upgrade pathway to the new Outcomes Assessment building block before upgrading to Service Pack 14.
For a thorough checklist of tasks after an upgrade, see Testing Your Environment.