Looking for more information about Blackboard Store? Go to the Blackboard Store overview page.
Blackboard Store Building Block
- Release date: November 5, 2014
- Default state: Course Materials Hub enabled; Blackboard Store and Blackboard Bookshelf require an agreement and back office action
- Dependencies: Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 10 later; Bundled with Blackboard Learn 9.1 October 2014 or later; Latest version of the Partner Cloud Building Block must be installed prior to installing Blackboard Store
The integrated Blackboard virtual bookstore allows instructors to search for and adopt course materials. Students can see a comprehensive list of all necessary course materials and make purchases from directly within the Blackboard Learn platform.
The Blackboard virtual bookstore is a streamlined educational resource that further simplifies the teaching and learning experience. With greater ease-of-access to course materials through this innovative content delivery model, both students and instructors can spend more time engaging with educational content. Key Features of the Blackboard Store include:
- Course Materials Hub: Instructors can discover, compare and assign materials from the largest online catalog of commercial and open educational content directly in their teaching and learning environment. Instructors can track which students have acquired their academic materials, have opened an e-textbook and viewed assigned pages. This feature is automatically available with the release.
- Blackboard Store™: Multiple access points to the Blackboard Store make it easy and convenient for students to view, choose from competitively priced course materials, and purchase them instantly. Students can select from a variety of print, digital and rental formats and choose their preferred delivery and payment options, including the ability to use financial aid.
- Blackboard Bookshelf™: A robust bookshelf that allows students to access and organize course materials, even after the course ends. In the Blackboard Bookshelf, students have access to the digital materials they purchased via the Blackboard Store. These digital materials are delivered via a powerful e-Reader that lets students highlight, make notes and access a dictionary as they read any digital product purchased through the Store. The e-Reader supports reflowable and page fidelity viewing options, supports chapter downloads, and allows students to create study guides containing their notes and highlights. It works on all major operating systems and devices, and supports online and offline reading.
To learn more, see:
- Blackboard Store
- Blackboard Store Administrator Guide (available in English only)
- Blackboard Store Integration Guide (available in English only)
- Blackboard Store Instructor Guide (available in English only)
Blackboard Store commerce and Blackboard Bookshelf must be turned ON. Please contact the Blackboard representatives below:
|North America (U.S. & Canada Customers)||Siobhan Carroll at Siobhan.Carroll@blackboard.com|
|Non-U.S. Customers||Ted Hopper at Ted.Hopper@blackboard.com|
|K12 Customers||Ted Hopper at Ted.Hopper@blackboard.com|
Disabling or removing the Building Block
Faculty cannot create adoption lists, students will not view their bookstore or what they have purchased.
- Instructors can search for and adopt course materials.
- Students can see a list of necessary course materials and make purchases directly in Blackboard Learn.