Running the Updater on an existing system will reset many back-end and user interface customizations. Customizations will need to be reapplied after the upgrade.
How to Run the Updater on UNIX
- Place the Updater file in the desired location.
- Login as root.
- From the command line, navigate to the location of the Updater.
- Issue the following command to run the Updater:
$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -jar updater_filename
If using the X Windows System (X11) or a similar GUI solution and the DISPLAY variable is properly configured, the Updater will launch in GUI mode.
The following steps assume that the command line Updater is used.
- Press ENTER to continue. Follow the prompts.
- Confirm the installation and content directories for your environment, and then press ENTER. If the Academic Suite installation is not found in the path provided, the Updater attempts to install in this location.
- At the next prompt, select the Provide new license file option, and then press ENTER. The Provide new license file option updates the system and applies the new license file that you obtained.
- When a message appears displaying the changes that will be made when the Updater runs, carefully verify the changes. You will not be able to undo the changes after you start the upgrade.
- Click Next to start the upgrade.
Do not close the command line window during the upgrade as it will cause the Upgrade to fail and may leave the database in an indeterminate state.