Running the Updater on an existing system will reset many back-end and user interface customizations. Customizations will need to be reapplied after the upgrade. To learn more, see Customizations.
How to Run the Updater on Windows
- Make sure that the JAVA_HOME system environment variable points to a full Java SDK, version 1.6.x. The path cannot contain spaces. For example:
- Place the Updater file in the desired location, and then double-click the Updater file to launch the Updater.
- Click Next to continue.
- Confirm the installation and content directories for your environment, and then click Next. Load-balanced systems should use the correct UNC path for your content directory.
- At the next prompt, select Provide new license file, and then click Next. The Provide new license file option updates the system and applies the new license file that you obtained.
- When a message appears displaying the changes that will be made when the Updater runs, carefully verify the changes. You will not be able to undo the changes after you start the upgrade.
- Click Next to start the upgrade.
If you launched the Updater from the command line, do not close the command line window during the upgrade as it will cause the Upgrade to fail and may leave the database in an indeterminate state.