Auto-reporting sends system updates to a secure Blackboard server automatically. Blackboard Support uses this information to assist the Administrator in maintaining Blackboard Learn. In addition, Administrators can turn off the event tracking that generates reports on activity in Blackboard Learn from this page.
How to Set Auto-Reporting Options
- On the Administrator Panel, under Tools and Utilities, click System Reporting.
- Click Auto-reporting Options.
- To automatically send system data updates to a secure Blackboard Learn server, click Yes in the Auto-Reporting field. Following are the benefits of auto-reporting:
- Assist in capacity planning with Blackboard Learn for future growth.
- Notification from Blackboard Learn when a patch or upgrade is available.
- Assist system maintenance with the help of Blackboard Support staff.
If Auto-Reporting is turned off, no data will still be sent to the Blackboard Learn database.
- To turn off tracking and reporting of user actions through System Reporting and Advanced System Reporting, select No in the Enable Event Tracking field.