Within Course Files, you can create new items using the content editor. These items are called HTML objects. An HTML object is a type of reusable content. If your institution licenses content management, you can create other types of reusable content also.
You can link an HTML object to one or more locations in your course as a file attachment. As needed, you can make a change to an HTML object stored in Course Files and the change is reflected in all instances where the HTML object is linked in your course.
If this feature is not available, your institution may have disabled the feature.
- Click the Course Files folder where you want to create the HTML object.
- On the action bar, click Create HTML Object.
- On the Create Reusable Object page, type a Name. This will be the file name in Course Files.
- Type information in the Content box. Optionally, use the content editor functions. Any files you upload from your computer are saved in Course Files in the top-level folder.
- Click Submit. The HTML object appears in the selected folder in Course Files. The system adds the .html extension to the HTML object file name in Course Files.
If you delete an HTML object from your course where it is linked, it is not deleted from Course Files. The link to the HTML object in your course is deleted. To delete an HTML object from your course completely, you must delete it from Course Files. If the file is linked in your course, a warning message appears alerting you that the deletion will introduce broken links. You may cancel the deletion and view the 360° view report to see where the file is linked before continuing the deletion. To learn more, see View a File's Course Links in Course Files.