With Calculated Numeric questions, students are presented with a question that requires a numeric answer. The question does not need to be a mathematical formula. You can provide a text question that requires a numeric answer. It resembles a Fill in the Blank question in which the correct answer is a number.
You can specify an exact numeric answer, or you can specify an answer and an allowable range.
Calculated Numeric questions are graded automatically.
Calculated numeric answers must be numeric, not alphanumeric (for example, 42, not forty-two).
How to Create a Calculated Numeric Response Question
- Access a test, survey, or pool. To learn more, see Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
- On the action bar, point to Create Question and click Calculated Numeric.
- Type the Question Text and the Correct Answer. This value must be a number.
- Type the Answer Range. If the answer must be exact for students to receive credit, type 0. Any value that is less than or more than the Correct Answer by less than the Answer Range value will be marked as correct.
- Optionally, type feedback for correct and incorrect answers.
- Click Submit and Create Another -OR- Submit to add the question to the test.
If the average human body temperature under normal conditions ranges between 36.5 and 37.5 degrees Celsius, what is the average human body temperature in degrees Fahrenheit?
Related Tutorials Creating a Calculated Numeric Question (Flash video | 2m 30s)