With Quiz Bowl questions, students are presented with an answer and they must provide the question. Student responses must be in the form of a question that begins with an interrogative, such as who, what, or where. For example, the statement, "It is the only country that is a continent," requires the answer, "What is Australia?"
Add instructions to the initial statement asking students to respond in the form of a question. Remind students to use a question mark. Incorrect end punctuation results in no credit for the response.
Quiz Bowl questions are graded automatically.
When you create a Quiz Bowl question, you provide:
- The statement to which students must answer with an appropriate question.
- All possible interrogatives the question could begin with—who, what, where, and so on.
- All possible correct answer phrases, including variations in spellings, plurals, and common abbreviations.
By default, when the system scores the question, a correct response contains any one of the interrogatives you added, immediately followed by any one of the phrases you added, including end punctuation.
- Access a test, survey, or pool. To learn more, see Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
- On the action bar, point to Create Question and click Quiz Bowl.
- On the Create/Edit Quiz Bowl Question page, type a statement that students can provide the question to.
- Select the Number of Interrogatives from the drop-down list. You can add up to 103 interrogatives.
- If necessary, type or edit the interrogatives. Remove interrogatives using the Remove function.
- Type the answer phrase. Optionally, select the number of answer phrases if more than one is needed. The maximum number of answer phrases is 100.
- Optionally, type feedback for correct and incorrect answers, and question metadata. To learn more, see Question Metadata.
- Click Submit.
You can specify partial credit for Quiz Bowl questions. Partial credit gives a percentage of the question’s possible points for a partially correct answer. To learn more, see How to Assign Partial Credit.
You must enable the options to specify partial credit on the Question Settings page to use them for individual questions.
Related Tutorials Creating a Quiz Bowl Question (Flash video | 3m 30s)