Short Answer questions are similar to Essay questions. Student responses are not limited in length, but the number of rows you set for the text box size can let students know your expectations. The maximum number of rows is six.
Both Essay questions and Short Answer questions are graded manually.
- Access a test, survey, or pool. To learn more, see Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
- On the action bar, point to Create Question and click Short Answer.
- Type the Question Text.
- Determine the Number of Rows to Display in the Answer Field by selecting a number from the drop-down list. The number of rows is intended as a guideline for student response length. It does not impose an absolute limit on answer length.
- Type an example of a correct answer in the Answer Text box.
- Optionally, associate a rubric by clicking Add Rubric. To learn more, see Rubrics.
- Click Submit and Create Another -OR- Submit to add the question to the test.
Explain briefly what CCD (carbonate compensation depth) is, and how it governs the distribution of calcium carbonate on the sea floor.
Creating a Short Answer Question (Flash video | 2m 57s)