The Performance Dashboard provides you with a view into all types of user activity in your course or organization. All users enrolled in your course are listed, including instructors, students, teaching assistants, graders, observers, and guests, with pertinent information about each user’s progress and activity.
Before You Begin
Your institution must enable the tool and make it available. When enabled, the Performance Dashboard will be on by default in all courses.
On the Control Panel, expand the Evaluation section and click Performance Dashboard.
The Performance Dashboard page appears and displays a summary of information for your course:
- Last Name, First Name, and Username: The user's name and the username they use to log in to Blackboard Learn.
- Role: A user's defined role within your course. Examples of roles include instructor, student, grader, teaching assistant, guest, and observer. A user can have one role in a course, and a different role in another. To learn more, see Course Roles.
- Last Course Access: The date and time when a user last accessed your course.
- Days Since Last Course Access: The number of days that has elapsed since the last time a user accessed your course.
- Review Status: Displays how many items have been reviewed. For a detailed view, click the number shown. If the review status tool has not been enabled for your course, this column does not appear.
- Adaptive Release: Displayed only if adaptive release is enabled in your course. Clicking the icon opens a new window showing a directory tree overview of the entire course relative to a user and the access status. To learn more, see View Item Availability.
- Discussion Board: Displayed only if the discussion board tool is enabled in your course. Clicking a number link opens the Discussion Board page listing all of the selected user's discussion board comments in your course.
- Customize Retention Center: Displayed only if the Retention Center tool is enabled in your course. This column shows the number of triggered rules and the number of total rules that may trigger a warning. For example,
2/6would mean a user has triggered two rules out of six total. Clicking the data in this column will display a page showing the Retention Center status for the user.
- View Grades: Displayed only if the Grade Center is enabled. This column provides direct links to the Full Grade Center.
You can click Print to open the page in a new window in a printer-friendly format. You can sort all applicable columns.
The numbers provided in the Review Status column of the Performance Dashboard indicate the number of items that a student has marked as Reviewed.
Using adaptive release rules in your course creates multiple tracks for students to progress through. This allows for the possibility that each student will have a different requirement for marking certain items in your course as Reviewed. At any time, items in a student’s track may or may not be visible to them. The Performance Dashboard provides an at-this-moment view of the item availability and a student’s progress on reviewing items.
The Review Status number for each user links to a list of the items that a user sees as Reviewed and Mark Reviewed in your course.
The Review Status column is only visible if the review status tool has been enabled for your course.
The adaptive release indicator in the Performance Dashboard for each user opens a tree view of the course menu, showing all items in your course. Icons beside each item indicate the visibility of an item to that user, and the review status of any items with a review requirement, if applicable.
|Adaptive Release and Review Status Icons|
|Visible: This item is visible to that user.|
|Invisible: This item is not visible to that user.|
|Reviewed: This item has been marked as Reviewed by the user.|
|Mark Reviewed: This item is displayed as Mark Reviewed to the user, but has not yet been marked as reviewed.|
The Adaptive Release column is visible only if adaptive release has been enabled for your course.
Related Tutorials Performance Dashboard (Flash movie | 1m 40s)