Also see Enhanced Cloud Profiles.
There is a new workflow that presents every user with individual terms of service to accept before they can access any of the Cloud Profiles and Social features. When you click Edit Profile, View Profile (your own or another user’s), the People tool, the Messages tool, or the Spaces tool for the first time, you are presented with Blackboard Terms of Service. This is a contract between you and Blackboard.
You must accept the terms of service and provide an email address to be able to access any of those tools.
Your institution may include their policy statement. The terms of service contract however, is between you and Blackboard.
A profile will not be created until you accept the terms of service and complete the Edit Profile page. After a profile has been created, you will have access to the rest of the tools.
What if I already had a profile created?
You must agree to the Blackboard Terms of Service before you can continue using your previously created Profile, People tool, Messages, and Spaces. You will be asked to agree to the terms of service the first time you access any of the tools.
If you agree to the terms of service, all of your profile information and activity will remain the same. If you decline the terms of service, your existing profile and any activity in the Social Tools, such as wall posts and messages, will be deleted permanently.
Delete Your Profile
The Profile deletion process is irreversible. You can always create a new profile, but it will not “re-attach” to any of the data (for example, posts made to Spaces under their initial Profile).
You can delete your profile from Edit Profile. When you click Delete My Blackboard Profile:
- The Profile will be deleted. This includes all of the Profile information, the Profile Card, the Avatar photo, the Profile Wall, any posts they made to the Profile Wall, and any comments other users made on posts on their Profile Wall.
- You may not be able to access some content in your courses. Items that had appeared in a user’s Post tool stream from the cloud services will be inaccessible.
- The People tool is no longer available. You will no longer be able to access the People tool, view other user’s full Profiles (although Profile Cards will still be viewable), nor will your Profile be discoverable as it will no longer exist. Any comments you made on other user’s Profile Walls will appear as “Delete User.”
- The Messages tool is no longer available. You will no longer be able to access the Messages tool, send cloud Messages (though Course Messages and Send Email will still function normally). Your contribution to any Messages conversations will appear as “Deleted User.”
- The Spaces tool is no longer available. You will no longer be able to access Spaces. Any previous contributions to Spaces will appear as “Deleted User.”
- You will appear as anonymous in Blackboard Open Content. Any contributions to Blackboard Open Content Forums or submission to Blackboard Open Content Assignments/Tests will appear as “Deleted User” in the Blackboard Open Content interface.
Blackboard Open Content
Users accessing Blackboard Open Content as an instructor are also required to agree to the terms of service and create a profile before accessing Blackboard Open Content, even if Cloud Profiles is not enabled. Students accessing Blackboard Open Content resources through a course are not required to agree to the terms of service and create a profile to access the Blackboard Open Content resource, however they will appear anonymously in Blackboard Open Content until they do so.
Although you will appear as anonymous in the Blackboard Open Content interface, the numeric Blackboard Open Content ID persists and is still mapped on the Learn-side to the Learn user ID, so the submissions to Blackboard Open Content Assignments and Tests will still appear attributed to the correct user in Learn. However, that data will not be present in any Blackboard Open Content interface.