This article is archived and is no longer updated. Go to the latest information on managing discussions.
You can determine which threads you see in a forum. If allowed by your instructor, you may also be able to edit and delete your posts.
How to Change the Displayed Threads
Your instructor sets the thread status as published, hidden, or draft, but you can choose which type of threads appear in a forum. By default, published threads appear.
- On the forum page, click List View.
- On the action bar, point to Display and click the type of threads to view in the forum.
- Show All: All types of threads appear in the forum.
- Published Only: Posts with a published status are available to users.
- Hidden Only: Threads that are locked and not visible by default. You may choose to display hidden threads in list view. You cannot edit hidden threads, even if editing is enabled for the thread. Hiding threads helps you find relevant content, as unneeded content is hidden from view.
- Draft Only: A draft thread is saved by the author for future editing, but is not submitted for publication. When published, other users can view it. Users can only view their own drafts and must access them from the Display drop-down list.
The forum page displays only those threads that have the status selected from the Display drop-down list.
How to Edit or Delete Discussion Posts
You can edit or delete your own posts only if your instructor has made those options available to you. You cannot edit or delete others' posts. If you post a message in error and the option to delete it is not available to you, contact your instructor.
- Access a forum and select a thread.
- On the thread's page, point to a post so all of the functions appear.
- Click Edit or Delete. The delete action is irreversible. Your instructor determines if you can delete just your post or your post with all replies. If you are allowed to delete your post with replies, all posts are permanently deleted.
- When editing, the page expands to allow you to make edits in the content editor while viewing the original post.
- Click Submit. Your edits appear in the post.