After Blackboard Learn is installed or upgraded to the Learn-Only configuration, there are several optional tasks you can perform based on your desired final configuration.
By default, a Blackboard Learn installation is available on non-standard HTTP/HTTPS ports of 8080 and 8443. The Set Up Port Forwarding for Single Application Server help topic explains how to set up Blackboard Learn to handle incoming requests on standard web server ports of 80 and 433.
By default, Blackboard Learn installs with a self-signed certificate, but you can configure it to use a commercial TLS certificate. The optional TLS Configuration help topic covers the installation of TLS certificates for both Learn-Only and Learn fronted by a webserver such as Apache™ HTTP Server or IIS.
The Troubleshoot help topic covers common issues experienced during the installation or upgrade process.
The Test the Learn Environment help topic provides an approach to validating the installation or upgrade.
- Optional - Front Learn with a Webserver
- Optional - Set Up a Proxy Server
- Optional - Set Up Load Balancing for Multiple Application Servers
- Optional - Set Up or Update Shibboleth
- Optional - Set Up Port Forwarding for Single Application Server
- Optional - TLS Configuration
- Test the Learn Environment Post Install or Upgrade
- Troubleshoot the Learn Environment Post Install or Upgrade