Date Published: April 30, 2014
Version: Learn 9.1 April 2014 (9.1.201404.160205)
Blackboard™ Learn Release 9.1 was tested with a variety of platform technologies as well as common client-side technologies.
- Supported: Supported by the vendor and Blackboard.
- Unsupported: Unsupported by the vendor or not supported by Blackboard.
Windows operating system
|IE 11||IE 10||IE 9||Firefox ESR||Firefox (Final Release Channel)||Chrome (Stable Channel)|
|Windows Vista (32-bit)||Unsupported by Microsoft||Unsupported by Microsoft||Supported||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Windows Vista (64-bit)||Unsupported by Microsoft||Unsupported by Microsoft||Supported||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Windows 7 (32-bit)||Supported||Supported||Supported||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Windows 7 (64-bit)||Supported||Supported||Supported||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Windows 8 (32-bit)||Supported||Unsupported by Microsoft||Unsupported by Microsoft||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Windows 8 (64-bit)||Supported||Unsupported by Microsoft||Unsupported by Microsoft||Supported||Supported||Supported|
Mac OSX operating system
|Safari 7||Safari 6||Firefox ESR||Firefox (Final Release Channel)||Chrome (Stable Channel)|
|Mac OSX 10.7||Unsupported by Apple||Supported||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Mac OSX 10.8||Unsupported by Apple||Supported||Supported||Supported||Supported|
|Mac OSX 10.9||Supported||Unsupported by Apple||Supported||Supported||Supported|
- Internet Explorer is only supported in Standards Mode.
- Blackboard strives to make all its products as accessible as possible. JAWS 14 and 15 were used during accessibility testing of 9.1 April 2014.
- Chrome support: due to the auto-update feature of Chrome, support is based on the version available at the time of testing. 9.1 April 2014 was tested with Chrome 34.
- Firefox support: due to the auto-update feature of Firefox, support is based on the version available at the time of testing. 9.1 April 2014 was tested with Firefox versions 28 and 24 (ESR).
- Note on OSX 10.8 Java is no longer shipped as part of the OS install and must be downloaded and installed by users on request of application/applet - this is a one time action on the part of the user.
Client technology highlights of changes from previous releases
- Windows XP not supported.
- OSX 10.9/Safari 7.x support added.
- IE11 support added.
Technologies NOT supported
- Window XP
- Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8
- Firefox 1.x, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and 3.6
- Safari 2, 3, 4, 5 (or any version on Windows)
- Mac OSX through 10.6
- JRE 5