My Blackboard aggregates information from across the Blackboard Learn system for users. Users can access My Blackboard using the new Global Navigation menu at the top of the screen.
My Blackboard has a navigation panel that quickly connects to different tools in the system. The tools you have access to depend on whether the cloud is turned on. The following features are available in My Blackboard with Service Pack 10:
- My Blackboard Profile: Users have access to view and edit their profile.
- Profile Cards: Information in profiles is shared when users post to blogs, journals, wikis, and the discussion board. Profile cards are also shared in the roster tool and the new people tool.
- My Blackboard Posts: Aggregates posts and comments from blogs, journals, wikis, and discussion boards in courses (and organizations for clients who license Community).
- My Blackboard Updates: Aggregates all notifications that users have elected to receive.
- My Blackboard Grades: Displays recent grades for all courses users are enrolled in.
- My Blackboard People: Provides access to a person's learning network.
|Feature||Cloud Off||Cloud On|
|Login Overlay||Available||Enhanced. Includes prompting to create profile from the overlay. Option to start creating profile using information from Facebook and Twitter profiles.|
|Global Navigation||Available||Enhanced. Includes Profile and People in the menu|
|My Blackboard||Available||Enhanced. Includes Profile and People in the menu.|
|My Blackboard Profile||Not Available||Available. Profile includes picture, name, area of study / focus, about me description, and primary email address.|
|Profile Cards||Not Available||Available. Profile Cards show picture, name, area of study / focus, about me description, and ability to report inappropriate content.|
|My Blackboard Posts||Available||Enhanced. Includes profile cards with posts.|
|My Blackboard Grades||Available||Available|
|My Blackboard People||Not Available||Available. Ability to view your learning network and search for others institution-wide.|
|My Blackboard Updates||Available||Available|
To learn more, see The My Blackboard Tool.