Looking for more information about social learning tools? Go to the social learning tools overview page.
- Building Block Name: Cloud Profiles
- Latest Version: 188.8.131.5221 for Blackboard Learn October 2014 and Q4 2015 releases
- Supported Learn Versions: Blackboard Learn 9.1 October 2014 and Q4 2015 Q4 releases
- Launch Date: March 9, 2016
- License Requirement: None
Versions and Installation
The building block will be released through Software Updates on Monday, March 9, 2016 at 5 p.m. US Eastern (GMT -5). A new version of Cloud Profiles will appear as building block update in the Software Updates module within 24 hours.
Because of a known issue in Software Updates, the version for this building block will show in some places as "3.9.5" but the full version "184.108.40.20621" will be correctly displayed once installed.
If needed, the building block may also be downloaded from Behind the Blackboard.
Managed Hosting Clients
Managed Hosting clients should create a case on Behind the Blackboard to schedule the recommended server restarts after the Building Block is updated. To expedite the scheduling process please include a desired day and time for the restarts to begin.
Blackboard Learn Requirements
The update requires the following platforms, including the stated minimum Cumulative Updates (CU). The linked resources are available in English only.
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 October 2014 (build: 9.1.201410.160373)
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 Q4 2015 (Build: 9.1.201510.1171621)
- Fixed permission related issues causing errors during app server startup and NPE when trying to render the B2 properties page before clicking approve.
- Fixed localization issues
Blackboard Learn’s Enhanced Cloud connects a student’s industry portfolio (MyEDU) to their learning environment. This functionality was previously available to North American customers, but with this release is now also available to all International customers. International customers will retain the ability to have their system running either the Basic profile or MyEDU enhanced cloud profile.
- The Blackboard Learn Enhanced Cloud profile is currently available in US English. We have made the decision to deploy the profile internationally allowing select institutions to deploy it in English. Students can author content in any language with this release and we plan to further localize the Enhanced Cloud Profile interface for all supported Learn languages at a future date.
Download the Social Learning Tools.
Release Notes for Earlier Versions
Release notes for earlier versions are available in English only.