Blackboard and Macmillan Learning have partnered to provide seamless access to LaunchPad and Writer’s Help 2.0 content directly within the Blackboard Learn platform. With the Macmillan Higher Education Integration, instructors can customize their courses to reflect their specific teaching goals and improve student engagement. Instructors can easily select the high quality content they need, customize it to meet the needs of each course, and assign it at the chapter and asset level within a Blackboard Learn course.
This integration works with Blackboard Learn Release 9.1 SP 10 and later.
- Seamless access: Single sign-on provides instructors and students with the convenience of one login for all course resources.
- One gradebook, automatically updated: Grades for all Macmillan assignments and assessments automatically post to the Blackboard Learn Grade Center, giving instructors and students one destination to monitor class performance.
- Deep linking: Chapter- and asset-level linking functionality allows instructors to link to the Macmillan content that matches specific course needs, ensuring students have easy access to the right learning resources at the right time.
- Familiar workflows: Access to Macmillan content within the course content area makes it easy for instructors to find and adopt content within their native Blackboard Learn workflow.
- Student data privacy: Student information remains secure and private through full compliance with student privacy standards, such as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Learn more at www.blackboard.com/macmillan
- Macmillan LaunchPad: Macmillan’s acclaimed content—e-Books, videos, animations, LearningCurve adaptive quizzes, tutorials, and more—curated and organized for easy assignability, resulting in superior book-specific content in a breakthrough user interface.
- Writer’s Help 2.0: A robust online writing resource with powerful search functionality and interactive content that is easy for instructors to integrate into their courses.
You can download and install the Partner Cloud Building Block, which includes the Macmillan Higher Education integration, at no cost. After the Partner Cloud Building Block is installed and the Macmillan integration configured, faculty can add Macmillan content to their Blackboard Learn courses through the Content Market under the Partner Content menu in any course content area.
Files, release notes, and admin guides are available on Behind the Blackboard.