Blackboard Learn has a robust set of tools and the flexibility to add new tools to the platform. The Tools page lists each tool that is available. Each row shows the availability of the tool to authenticated users, guests, and observers.
On the Administrator Panel in the Tools and Utilities section, select Tools.
- The type of tool is listed, such as course or organization.
- In the Availability column, change to On or Off.
- Lock or unlock the tool availability setting. If locked, instructors cannot change the setting at the course or organization level.
- When you select the lock icon, in the Scope of Change column, use the drop-down to determine where the change is applied, such as for new courses only. Depending on the change, the drop-down may only have one option.
- In the Available to Guests and Available to Observers columns, if check boxes appear, you can allow these roles access to the tool. You can't make tools with a circle and diagonal line icon available to guests and observers.
- Select Submit to save your changes.
You manage course tools on the Course Tools page.