This information applies only to the Ultra experience.
The Ultra experience has two categories of tools:
- These tools are always on in the base navigation. You can't turn them off, but you may be able to make some configurations.
- Most tools are unchanged from Blackboard Learn with the Original experience. The tools appear in the Original Course View. You manage these tools in the Admin Panel > Tools and Utilities > Tools. At this time, you can read more about specific tools in the Self-Hosted deployment admin folder.
- In the Ultra Course View, tools are always available to instructors, such as rubrics, gradebook, assignments, tests, documents, profile, messages, and the roster.
The Tools page displays the availability of tools to authenticated users, guests, and observers. The guest and observer roles are only available in the Original Course View at this time.
- The type of tool is listed, such as system, course, or organization.
- In the Availability column, change to ON or OFF.
- Lock or unlock the tool availability setting. If locked, instructors can't change the setting at the course or organization level.
- When you select the lock icon, select an option in the Scope of Change column to determine where the change is applied, such as for new courses only. Based on the change, the menu may have only one option.
- In the Available to Guests and Available to Observers columns, if check boxes appear, you can allow these roles access to the tool. You can't make tools with a circle and diagonal line icon available to guests or observers.
- Select Submit to save your changes.
You can set which course tools are included in new courses in the Original Course View by default. You can also choose if they're available to guests and observers.