This page is archived and is no longer updated. Go to the latest information on the Blackboard Collaborate voice authoring tools.
Give yourself and your students a voice with the Blackboard Collaborate™ voice authoring building block. Create an engaging and effective asynchronous environment by adding voice authoring components to your courses to facilitate vocal instruction, collaboration, personalized coaching, and assessment.
Features Built for Education
Increase student engagement, reduce barriers to adoption, and minimize the learning curve of any online course with the Blackboard Collaborate voice authoring capabilities:
- Voice Authoring Mashups: Include audio recordings in your course content through voice authoring mashups.
- Voice Board: Add a voice-based, threaded online discussion to your course to actively engage students in the course and facilitate student conversations to promote active learning. Automatically add voice board evaluations to the Grade Center, saving time and providing timely feedback to students.
- Voice Email: The tone of text-based emails can easily be misconstrued. Add a voice email tool to your course so other instructors or your students can send emails containing voice messages to others in the course. Voice email adds the emotion and candor, mood, expression and inflection of the human voice to electronic, asynchronous correspondence.
- Voice Presentation: Create interactive learning tools that blend voice, text and web pages in a single presentation.
- Voice Podcaster: Build engaging and reusable course content and deliver as podcasts to which your students can subscribe and play on their mobile devices or computers.
Support Different Learning Styles
Students don’t all learn the same way, and not every topic lends itself to the same teaching method. While traditional online technologies are limited to text and images, multi-modal learning that includes voice enables instructors to provide personalized and timely content that meets individual needs and learning preferences.
Energize Online Discussions
Learning is at its best when students can practice new concepts, analyze alternative viewpoints, and explain their conclusions. By adding a vocal element to online discussions, students are more actively engaged with course content and, through conversation with their peers, can negotiate the meaning of that content.
Adding voice to text-only content enhances instructor presence and improves instruction by helping teachers explain complex material and create engaging course content. Teachers can even grade voice discussion boards and add voice board evaluations to their Grade Center.
Enable Language Learning
Go beyond the traditional language laboratory environment by giving students multiple methods of speaking, writing, and listening to foreign languages—all online. Facilitate language study by teaching pronunciation, rhythm, stress, and emphasis, while students can simultaneously speak and read a new language. Students can easily generate practice recordings, get feedback on written exercises, and hear customized audio clips.